Getting started on your own theme
To customize or create your own themes, we recommend you at least have some knowledge of HTML and preferably some coding experience. If you have never build a website using code we recommend you get a web designer to help you.
- Enstore account: To start customizing a store's theme you're of course first going to need an Enstore account. Go to Enstore.com/signup and sign up for an account.
- Enstore Designer: Download the Enstore Designer and install it by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder. Please note, Enstore Designer is a Mac application. If you're on Windows, you can follow this tutorial to start.
Create your first theme Back to top
Follow the next steps to create your first theme and to start editing.
- Open Enstore Designer.
- Click Account in the toolbar and enter your store handle and password.
- Click Add theme, choose default and save it somewhere on your disk.
- Start the theme using the green start button.
- Click preview. Enstore Designer will open your default browser and display the theme with all the information in your store. If your store is new and empty we recommend using Checkout's Example Store to quickly fill your store.
- Open the theme folder in your text editor and start editing.
- To see your changes, just refresh the browser.